Robbery By Sudden Snatching - FSU Main Campus
On Friday, February 23, 2018, at approximately 1:50 AM, a current FSU student was robbed by two males outside of Landis Hall located on FSU campus. There were no weapons observed during the robbery. The victim advised the subjects requested a ride from the area of Madison Street to FSU campus. The victim advised he drove the subjects to the area of Landis Hall where they all exited the vehicle and had a brief conversation outside the residence hall. During the conversation the suspects snatched money from the victim and fled the area on foot heading southwest towards Jefferson Street. One suspect has been identified and arrest warrants are pending. If you have any information about this incident please call FSUPD at 850-644-1234.
*Update 2/24/2018: Suspect #2 has been arrested
Suspect 1 is approximately 6’0” tall and was wearing a blue polo style shirt, khaki pants, black shoes, and had short twists hair style.
Suspect 2 is approximately 6’0” and was wearing a gray t-shirt, stone or acid washed jeans and has a low haircut. (Identified February 23, 2018)
**Suspect 2 has been arrested
General Crime Prevention Tips
1.Criminals often target persons who are alone and isolated to commit their crimes. The larger the group you walk with, the better.
2. Stay in well lighted and populated areas. Again, the more potential witnesses there are, the higher the risk to the criminal.
3. Always pay attention to your surroundings. Texting, talking on the phone, listening to music on headphones, etc., call all reduce your ability to detect a threat.
4. Avoid carrying obvious valuables and cash. Criminals look for these items when preparing to commit crimes.
5. If you are the victim of a robber, remember that items can be placed. Do not risk your safety in order to protect property or objects.
6. If robbed, call police as soon as it is safe to do so. The sooner you call, the greater the chance police can intercept or track a fleeing offender.
This information is brought to you as a public service of the FSU Police Department and is intended to assist you with making sound decisions concerning your personal safety